Most of the work on my personal project can not be displayed at this point. I will post different studies that I am doing to get to the final goal. Not many clients this month. Gives me more time to really hit some milestones with my project. Made a previous mistake uploading a study that I called the prequel. I had a good laugh at looking how raw the footage was. In it I was just practicing and testing different rendering options for camera and blendshape animation. I may jump back into doing an actual prequel, but that will come much later. Here is an updated concept of the main ship. Just one of the concepts. I am still deciding on the final look.
Going forward in two different pipelines. The first book of Pandora is now fully complete and when I have time, I brainstorm for the second book. Having the first book complete is a HUGE step. Now I can put more focus on completing Chapter 1 in graphic novel form and preparing the 3D assets for the short film (and possibly short game but that is wishful thinking).
Just completed the third 3D character in high resolution. At the same time I am working on the final pages for the first graphic novel. Things are moving forward!
I was bogged down a bit providing artwork for different client projects. Really happy about that but it did not allow much time to update what's going on with Pandora. In the last few months I decided to play around with mixing two styles of digital comic illustrating. I am semi happy with the previous pages but I felt the characters and environments were not getting much detail work. The images turned out good and I was able to pump them out rapidly but not much in the detailing department. Also I'm a fan of the 90's comic era where the artist (I was a fan of) really did some new things with detailing and stylizing.
So, I decided to create the 11th page of the first book of Pandora with a hybrid of the traditional pencil technique and digital painting over the pencils. The penciling also serves as a good tonal study for comic like shading (extreme contrast). So far so good. I feel I can work on this technique a bit more and build the some efficiency with my time.